Sunday, December 24, 2006

"I said the tables will be turned around boy..."


It’s weird having Christmas early. I don’t like it. Everyone is rushing around, and there are commercials on television about hurrying to grab the last-minute gifts – and, I am just done. Everything is wrapped and unwrapped; everything is over. Christmas Day will just be an inconvenience because everything will be closed. And, then I get mad at myself for whining and complaining about petty, meaningless things when other people are suffering.

I did go out to get two more gifts tonight and went to Dillards to get cologne on my list. Two people cut in front of me. I said something the 2nd time but was just ignored. I hate when people do that – if there was anywhere else convenient that I could have purchased it, I would have left. I am always so careful about not taking someone else’s turn to be helped. I think that is so inconsiderate to do that. So many people are so selfish now – it’s all about them and how important their time is – other peoples’ time is just as important. It’s just a general lack of respect for people in general – it’s getting worse or I’m noticing it more.

On the upside, I do have lots of new presents. I think I received about 4 gift certificates (Kroger, Fashion Bug, Park Plaza, and Wal-mart), so I can go out and do some shopping this coming week. I had Tyler candles on my list which are these amazing soy candles that smell so good that I’ve been addicted to them for years (big surprise, huh?) and I ended up with 5 of them – I have absolutely no problem with this (grin). I received warm cinnamon, holiday (cranberry and orange scented), sugarbaby (sugar and vanilla scented), Tyler (kind of an ivy Christmas-like scent), and Glamtastic (blackberry over a layer of vanilla). I really didn’t think I’d like the original “Tyler” scent, but once it started burning – I decided that I really like it – I had to look up what was in it:

Bursting with the medley of currant and grapefruit. A dash of green undertones adds an opulent twist! Firmly grounded with confidence! Candle color Camilla Sage.

I also received an artist-made fairy that I can hang from my ceiling, artist-made cat perfume bottle, Black Phoenix oils, gift certificate for a dentist appointment, monkey slippers, shower-gel base, an alligator ornament with a “boa” around its neck carrying shopping bags, a black slinky dress with sequins at the bust, a shirt with a built-in necklace, a pay-as-you-go phone with 1000 minutes, shower gels, belly rings (a butterfly and a skull), two movies (My Super Ex-Girlfriend and Step Up), a sparkly cat necklace, and a fragrance burning lamp. I’m forgetting things – my whole family always goes overboard on Christmas, but this year I think everyone felt especially bad because Christmas was moved and weird. My brother even got angry toward the date (he *never* gets mad), because my mom was supposed to leave the day after Christmas and her husband decided they were leaving that afternoon thus rushing the day. He fell over once trying to rush out of the house and knocked over a gift my brother got my mom and broke a bunch of votives in it. I found out later that they were rushing to pick up his granddaughter from the school bus that drops her off minutes from her house while his grandson is having a small surgery for a “bone spur” type thing – like the kid didn’t have any friends she could go home with or anything – this is crap – just a bullshit excuse. I had to move my surgery two weeks from now, because there isn’t anyone that can watch me the day of, so they can rush up to Chicago where his grandson has a million people that can watch him.

Thus, I can’t have surgery now until January 10, 2007. My mother’s husband extended their “vacation” another 6 days past what was planned, so she isn’t back to until the 3rd, and my brother is out of vacation days. The next surgery day my surgeon had open after the 3rd was the 10th. I hate just sitting here waiting. Another 20 days of pain and fear. If everything was “normal” this year, I would have already been healing from surgery that occurred last Wednesday or had it scheduled for this coming Wednesday. Don’t even get me started on the fact that I have to remove my belly ring for the surgery which will close it :( My brother promised to get it re-pierced for me – he went to the appointment with me and felt bad.

My “6” key on my laptop broke – I wonder if this means something – I’m glad that I am not a superstitious person (hehe). What if I need to type in Satan’s address or something? Or his next door neighbor’s address? (667) (hehe – can’t take credit – saw it on a t-shirt) Of course I’m kidding, I’m only religious during sex (oh, god oh god…hehe), and I’m not anti-religion.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment