Monday, February 19, 2007

"She'll let you in her mouth...if the words you say are right"


With all the things going on with the people around me lately – I’ve been thinking a lot about addiction problems in general. It’s so ironic, because one of the ways that they tell you to keep yourself otherwise occupied and to get your focus off of your addiction – is to focus on something else that you like – however, I can see how easily that other focus or even focuses could become addictions too – how can you ever really break the cycle? For example, I like sex way too much (hehe) and shopping if I wanted to choose two of my very favorites things (people?....grin) to do. So, in the past, if I try to cut down on the shopping – which makes me happy and gets me excited – then I seem to have sex more which, most of the time anyway, creates the same effect. And, vice versa – it’s a wicked cycle. Even worse for people with “deadlier” addictions – although, I guess any addiction can be deadly in some way or life altering. I guess the whole point is to balance all of the things you love and achieve moderation. Good luck with this (hehe). As an aside, I’m not mocking addiction – I’ve lived with someone and have befriended someone for years that has had health, job, and personal problems resulting from the gravity of his addiction – I’ve just been so stressed – that I need to let it out in humor.

I made pendants with corks that hold perfume oils for Valentine’s Day for my mom and my sister-in-law and ordered the oils *over* a month ago – and I still haven’t received them so we have to wait to celebrate V-day with family. On a side note, we had to wait anyway because my mom decided that she didn’t want to be here for her birthday which is also on V-day. She went to Vegas with her husband. I wrote an e-mail to the company about the order not being here yet, because she had specifically sent me an e-mail letting me know that they would be here well before V-day. I started getting worried that they were lost in the mail and sent her a message. She was like, oh yeah, I had this and this and this problem and they were mailed about a day ago (this was February 14th) – I was so annoyed. She didn’t offer to refund my shipping or anything. I’ve sold enough things on ebay and dealt with people from my mom’s site to know this just isn’t the way that you do business. She should have sent e-mails to her customers prior to them having to contact her and offered some type of “apology” – either monetary or in extra product. If there aren’t a few free samples in the package – if I ever get it – I’m going to send an e-mail and request that my shipping be refunded. I wouldn’t be so annoyed if she hadn’t sent me a personal e-mail telling me that she was happy that I chose her website for V-day gifts and guaranteed that they would be here in time – good lord, I ordered them in early January. The pendants are pretty cool – you can wear them around your neck or hang them around your rearview mirror to make your car smell good. The cork diffuses the perfume oil, so that it isn't overpowering. I’ve made a fairy one, a heart one, and a moon one so far. I get frustrated with the wire – I don’t have a lot of patience with some things (hehe). And, then other areas – I have enough patience to drive other people crazy – whatever works :D I want my Valentine’s Day presents, damnit – I know my mom got a me a nightie that I really wanted – it’s fuschia and semi-sheer – with a corset type back that comes up higher in the back than the front – so it shows the matching panties. *Excited* :D (See, the whole shopping thing again…hehe…or is that shopping and sex-based? Not sure…grin)

I read another really cool tip on a website about wearing a locket with a piece of cotton in it that you dab in your favorite perfume oil or spray with your favorite perfume - I've done this twice already - I bought a necklace with a large heart locket that has a black rose and other pendants dangling from it - it's really a neat idea. You can smell your perfume all night - w/out your skin absorbing all of it.

I got my belly button re-pierced this weekend - hehe :) The piercer was funny; he kept trying to make me laugh, so I wouldn't be nervous.

Him: "I had a bad weekend...I blew "chunks" after I got home Friday night..."

Him: "I have a dog named 'Chunks.'"

Geez...it took me a minute - I was so nervous, that I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying - he was going through a whole comedic monologue...(laugh) Very happy about having it redone though - he used a bigger needle than the woman that previously pierced me . I was trying to be a trooper and not gasp :D I got a stainless steel ring this time with blue sparkly stones - I wanted something different. Now, if it will just heal - so I can use all the belly rings that I got for Christmas, and that I had already bought last year before the evil gallbladder surgery :P

No comments:

Post a Comment