Friday, January 5, 2007

"I will break into your thoughts with what's written on my heart..."


I’m so very sick tonight. The nausea is unbearable and overwhelming. I’ve taken all the medications that I can to try to help. I had to be taken to the ER last night (yes, again), because of the nausea and pain. I felt ok tonight until about dinnertime when I tried to eat clear broth and jello and was sick an hour later. The ER doctor told me to try a clear liquid diet for 2 days – obviously, it’s not helping. I have severe cramping, dizziness, a lump in my throat from the acid reflux, and burning in my back and stomach. It’s weird that 5 days can seem so far away. I had a 3 week reprieve – not questioning it – just accepted it and then it came back just as bad as it was in the very beginning. The three weeks where I didn’t feel as badly – I started wondering if I needed the surgery – whether it would go away on its own (it wasn’t all the way gone and still didn’t have as much energy as usual but it was so much better – solid food and at least 2 meals a day). Unfortunately, I have my answer now as to whether I really need surgery.

I’ve been trying to keep my mind off of things through retail therapy. I’ve made it through 75% of my gift certificates, and I’ve bought more Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab oils than I can ever wear. I have so many coming that it’s not even funny – the most anticipated:

Bon Vivant: An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry.

The Candy Butcher: An exquisite, enigmatic woman sidles up to you, bearing a tray of strange, dusty curious, chocolate creatures, serpentine taffy, and candied skulls. Her skin is dusky, her eyes are heavy-lidded and sensual, her hair is the fine, soft white of spun sugar, and her skin is softly scented with cocoa. She holds a shrunken head aloft, and beckons. Dark chocolate with a heavy cream undertone.

Pink Phoenix: Silliness in the extreme. Vanilla bean, honeycomb, sugared pear, sweet pea and a dribble of strawberry.

I’ve also accidentally ran into another perfume oil website (damnit damnit damnit) called woobie and ordered a sample set (a bargain actually compared to BPAL – only $6 for 5 sample scents in vials and shipping was only .50) This site can be found here (http://www.woobiebath.com/facialcare.htm) – my opinion on these oils is pending receipt of course :D I ordered:

Pink Sugar Cloud - Sugary lemon drops and pink cotton candy, a dash of fruity light floral, red fruit, fig leaves, caramel and raspberry candy with soft and sweet vanilla-musk base

Sugar Cloud - (Also affectionately known as "Sugar Crack", thanks to Dana) A favorite! Everyone seems to love this scent in the Sugar Cloud Soap, so here you go. Now you can lotion up with it, wash with it, or soak in it. A Sugared Vanilla scent. Light and fluffy like a Sugar Cloud

Passionate - This fragrance begins with top notes of raspberry, blackberry, and fresh strawberries. Followed by mid notes of coconut milk and freshly picked roses. Ending in bottom notes of Egyptian vanilla and amber musk.

Bite Me - This scent is quite unique and gorgeous. Rich tropical fruit notes, delicate fresh green apples perfectly blended with refreshing honeydew and spicy pear notes, then topped off with sweet, yet fresh lightly fruity melons, peaches, and more... If you like a clean, fresh, fruity scent, you will love this one! Makes a wonderful lotion scent!!

Magic - Mmmm...Sandalwood & ylang ylang, with a quick top note of patchouli. Touched with notes of baby powder and vanilla.

My satellite service and dvr will be turned back on tomorrow :D I’m very happy about this – I didn’t realize how much I watched tv while I’ve been sick until it was not available to watch. I’m not sure if I have any deep thoughts tonight. My head is slightly dizzy from the nausea medication. I had a lot of fun on NYE; I only got in a tiny bit of trouble (hehe). I, of course, have been ordered to sell my house by my mother’s husband since she reinstated my mortgage. I’m supposed to get it listed right now, but I just don’t have the energy to clean up currently. I can’t even get up right now without my stomach heaving and my head spinning; hopefully, I will start getting back to my normal self after surgery. I simply can’t take this anymore. My mom is sympathetic and understands that I can’t possibly list the house before surgery; my mother’s husband is being pushy and not even trying to understand. If he had to live with me, he’d understand. You don’t fake pain when you could be doing something fun, naughty, or exciting :P

I didn’t make any New Year’s resolutions. Personally, I try to make resolutions or decide to do something positive throughout the year when it arises – I’ve never really been a fan of New Years’ resolutions (I understand that they work for some people just not me). A new year can start any time that you want in your life; it doesn’t necessarily start on the same day for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment