Friday, May 18, 2007

"I got a mind full of wicked designs...I've got a non-stop hole in my head imagination..."




I made a fairy box to put the small Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume bottles in – my mom sculpted the fairy for me, and then I painted her and adorned her and painted the box – you never realize how many sides there are to a box until you have to paint each side – hehe. The top of the box is covered in Epoxy – so it’s really shiny. I already have a bid of $30.00 on it – hoping it will go up a little more. I’m going to do a three dimensional mermaid box next where her tail will look like it’s coming out of the box too – I’m excited J The ammo holders hold the "imps" which are the sample sizes. The bottles on the outside of the ammo containers, are the full-sized 5ml bottles of perfume oil. Yes, I'm an addict - leave me alone :P Sex and flirting as hobbies get me in more trouble - hehe.

Refrigerator is still dead. I’m holding a ceremony for it next week :P The large deep freeze that was in the garage was pulled out of the garage and cleaned out and plugged in – and, I don’t even have to tell you, that it won’t work for some reason. My roommates work at a restaurant, so they bring home food – which is really nice – but it’s restaurant food and it’s greasy and fatty and it makes me sick. I’m sick of eating pop-tarts :D

The gas was turned off – I was at work and my roommate called me too late – and they added $50 for the shut-off and a deposit of $150 since the bill was so late – thus, I can’t get it turned back on yet (it’s almost $700 now – good lord). I’ve only gotten one of my three checks coming – and, of course, I got the smallest one first :P The other two are enough to make a house payment and get my gas turned back on. How ironic is it that I have a closet full of bath products – creams, scrubs, bath bombs – years worth of bath yummies – and I can’t really appreciate any of them right now. I’m pretty much annoyed with everyone right now – my roommate that has lived with me for years and years – both as my boyfriend and as my ex – didn’t have a job for about a year when I was sick – so, it’s not wholly my fault that things have gotten this bad. There was nothing I could do last year. He’s acting like he’s worked for years now, and it’s only been about 8 days. It’s just pissing me off. I was horribly sick, and I still got a job before he did. I don’t know why I choose the wrong people to help or be nice to – I don’t know how to distinguish between the people that I should be nice to and the people that I shouldn’t. I obviously choose wrongly. I actually just try to help anyone that I can, but people never feel that same pull toward me. Hardly anyone ever wants to help me – it’s really odd. I must not seem deserving enough ;) I never ask for help, but when I do – toward the people I consider friends or even people that live with me, it just doesn’t get through. It doesn’t mean anything to them. It scares me that some people seem not to have a conscious. I don’t know how people that I have known for so long can be so uncaring. Alas, you can’t just go out and find someone to care about you and what happens to you overnight.

My court date on my ticket turned out how I expected. The “no insurance” citation was dropped, because I wasn’t even driving the car, only the owner or operator of a car with no insurance or no proof thereof, can be issued a citation. But, the other ticket, the expired tags fine stuck, because the statute reads that even if an owner isn’t driving the vehicle but “knowingly” allows someone to drive his/her car w/out current registration – it’s still a violation of the statute. It turned a $400 ticket into a $200 ticket, so it was worth sitting in court for SIX hours, I suppose. Someone really didn’t want to go to jail – he took off and what a ridiculously stupid place to run – all of 10+ police officers chased and tackled him with clubs drawn – hehe. What a dumbass :P The officer that gave me my tickets was present in court for no less than TEN disputed tickets. He kept going up over and over. He obviously had an attitude problem; a lot of them were thrown out. For example, he gave a man a ticket for “following too closely” – but the man explained that the person in front of him drastically slowed down w/out brake lights – just let off the gas on the expressway – that one was thrown out. When another case was being heard, this man disputed a ticket b/c he claimed that the same police officer that gave him a ticket for a busted headlight a week prior followed his “customized” (thus easily recognizable) car for a half and hour before pulling him over again for some other “violation” and said when he walked up to the car: “hey, you’re the guy fighting my ticket in court.” The person given the citations believed he was being profiled, and my officer, the one on my ticket, laughed *audibly* and snorted – in the courtroom by the Judge – that was the most unprofessional thing I’ve ever seen. This ticket was thrown out too.

Why is playing cards in a group suddenly just a male activity? I can’t play cards with ANYONE that plays cards in a group in my family, because apparently it’s a male thing. I *love* to play Spades – I get sick of playing online – would love to compete more in a group. I rule at Spades, damnit :P I was getting better at Texas Hold ‘Em too, but I got bored with it – b/c I don’t have anywhere/anyone to play with in person. Games are fun online, but they just aren’t the same – in terms of social quality (and being able to goad people when you’re winning…joking grin)

No comments:

Post a Comment