Monday, August 11, 2008

"Something careless about your smile...you're unfolding right before my eyes"


Long long day.

My roommate is in the hospital.

My mom is out of town.

My ex-boyfriend is refusing to return a rather large package that was delivered to his house by mistake. I have to file a police report (seriously, huh!) just to get it returned to me. I called and left a message asking him where I should send the $12 to have it sent back to me. He refused to call me back. His former best friend called him - he said he can have it when I pay him $250 - he had purchased tires for my car to help me get back home (I had a tire go flat over and over) and then I did over $500 in hourly fees of legal work for him. I drove up almost every other weekend to see him; I put all of the money into it. He has only given me $80 of the legal fees toward what I have done (multiple letters, phone calls, research, and legal advice). I kept asking if I needed to pay the tire money back, and he kept saying "don't worry about it." Now, I have to contact the police department and try to retrieve a package that is addressed to me. If he even opens the package and tampers with anything, it’s a violation of Federal law. If he feels that I owe him money, he has to sue me civilly (and, in turn, I will counter-sue for legal fees owed) - it’s insane because he will end up owing me more than he claims that I owe him. He is not legally allowed to hold my mail hostage, because he claims that I owe him money.

The worst part is that the package is my Switch Witch gift, and she’s waiting for me to post regarding what I received - she even made something for me! I have the delivery confirmation record of where the package was delivered and have two witnesses that can sign Affidavits that the package was left at his house (the postal worker and his former friend) - so, I’m definitely on the side with the evidence to support my claim - it’s just such a silly thing to do and so petty. I even left him a goodbye present when I left! It had a CD in it that he had asked me to make - a CD of songs that reminded me of him or us - two books (Interview with the Vampire and an anger management book) - cookies - candy - and a card saying goodbye. I’ve tried to diffuse the text messages going back and forth by changing my cell phone number and asking my roommate, if he was, to quit stirring up trouble. I saw the text message that my ex-boyfriend sent to my roommate’s phone. My brother couldn’t believe he was doing this - he said that he seemed like such a nice guy but that he must have been able to hide it for awhile. My whole family is very disappointed; everyone thought he was such a nice person. I don’t know how you could not notice how many good people were disappearing from your life and/or disappointed in you and your actions and think that maybe it’s a sign that you’re not doing something correctly and that it’s time to make a change. I don’t know what kind of world that you would be living in where you were always right no matter how many signs read “wrong way - do not enter.” It’s very sad. If not receiving the gift wouldn’t hurt my Switch Witches’ feelings, I wouldn’t even care at this point - but she worked really hard to make my gift - there was some type of project that she did a couple of times before she got it right.

I’m trying a new medication this week, after my roommate gets back home safely, that is supposed to help my stomach pain - keeping my fingers crossed.

Someone complimented me on my new hair color and haircut today! Yay! I was so worried, because it's so bold - it's red on top and shorter on top and then black underneath on the very bottom layer - but I still have all of the length in back. The roommate promised to get a good picture of it when he is feeling better and is discharged from the hospital. It's really cute in a ponytail, because little pieces stick up at the base of the ponytail and then the ponytail is mostly black and then red with a peekaboo black piece on the crown. I received the shipping notice on my new dress too - yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment