Sunday, February 26, 2006

"Don't think cause I understand, I care...don't think cause I'm talking, we're friends..."

Ok, so I met this guy a few months ago. He is the older brother of one of my brother's friends that I grew up around also. There were 3 rumors about him in high school: (1) he was into bad things, (2) he was hung like a horse, and (3) he was a jerk. I knew all this going into the interaction (even though I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt because, hey, it's been 10 years) I also had talked to some people, and they said that he had went through a lot of hardships, like cancer and that perhaps he had changed. I didn't have high expectations (just maybe a casual friendship and extremely dirty sex? joking grin). I also wanted to meet him, because we went to the same high school and I've changed so much from then. It's like I wanted to show somebody - hey, I'm not a goody goody anymore and I can have fun, flirt, be silly and not be some shy wallflower. (I know, incredibly stupid). Anyway, I went over to his house the night before he was having outpatient surgery, because it sounded like he needed someone to sit with and talk to - I remember this feeling the night before I had my tonsillectomy. We talked for a few hours and kissed a couple of times - I actually had a good time. I like people that can make me laugh and he's silly and has a good sense of humor (and sexy, for that matter). Even after his surgery, he kept inviting me over and I would sit with him and talk, and I met his two children who were also pretty fun to hang around. During the third time I went over to his house, he was really sick. He was having a bad reaction to the pain medication and throwing up repeatedly. I offered to help and had to drive to the hospital and pick up a new prescription and then sit at Walgreens for an hour to have it filled. I had forgotten to get any money beforehand, so I paid for the medications which were around 45 bucks. I knew he wasn't working at this time (just while he was recovering from the surgery because he couldn't do his type of work while he was down), so I just told him that he could pay me back when he got back up on his feet (no pun intended...grin). He was completely nice to me until about the fifth time that I went over to his house. He was frustrated with his children and the fact that he couldn't move around as much as he wanted and mad because some guy promised to come buy some stereo equipment he had so he could have some pocket money and the guy wasn't showing back up. First, he played solitaire for about an hour and a half while I just sat there. He kept saying "you're bored, aren't you" and telling his children that they (him included) we're probably boring me. I wanted to leave at this point, because I think it's stupid to invite someone over and then do something else. I never understand that - it's the equivalent of someone that calls you while he's playing video games and not paying attention - one of my pet peeves. I didn't want his kids to feel like I was being rude, because he's telling them that they are all probably boring me - so I felt kind of stuck. My phone keeps going off that I have a msg - it's Saturday night and one of my friends is looking for me and wants me to hang out with him and another friend. Since he was playing solitaire and kept running outside to try to sell the stereo equipment, I was answering the text msgs - usually I wouldn't - I think that's rude when you're with someone else. After he sits down, he doesn't talk to me like usual and then starts calling random people on his phone leaving msgs and telling them how bored he is and that he's "bored as hell" and "bored to death." Note: I am sitting right beside him. At this point, I'm just pissed. I put on my shoes and told him that I need to leave and that he didn't need to walk me out. He walked me out anyway and when he got outside, he tells me that he'll probably try to ride his motorcycle the next day and he'll stop by my house - I was like "why, so I can bore you to death at my house too?" It takes me a lot to directly say something like that to someone, but that was in the top 3 of the rudest ways I've been treated in my entire life. He sends me a text saying that he's sorry for being an ass, and I accept his apology, because I try to give people 2 chances (I used to give just once chance) and indicates that he'll call the next day. Well, I didn't talk to him for about a week and then he texts me and I call him back and he's not really paying attention. He tells me he's watching a movie, and I tell him that I can call back because I don't want to keep him from watching the movie with the conversation. He tells me in a smart ass way that I'm not keeping him from watching the movie. I make some smart ass comment back about how he told me that he was such a nice guy, and he told me that was a lie (he was joking but definitely truth in humor in this instance). Ok, so that's enough of that. He called 3 more times about 2 weeks later. I did text him back today, and he called. He was in some type of car accident, so he's in pain again. I'm fairly certain he just used me as someone to talk to when he didn't have anything else to do when he was hurting. He's also mad, because the guy that finally bought the stereo equipment is trying to short him 10 bucks out of 50. He's telling me that he shouldn't be so nice and that people never are fair and pay him back. I'm just in shock and make a smart ass comment about how people suck and that you can't ever trust people - even if you help them - that people never appreciate the nice things that you do for them. He doesn't even catch this - I'm just amazed. He just starts telling me that this is what he gets for being such a nice guy, and that he needs to stop being so nice to people. (He's serious about this.) Needless to say, the conversation didn't last long - he did indicate that he was sore and alone - probably a hint that he needed company. There are, fortunately, plenty of people that like my company when they are not sick, so I really don't have time for that - I just don't understand him at all.

On three side notes, one, the sex was never what it was supposed to be - it was just once when he still wasn't able to move around really well. He could have at least stayed around long enough to hand out the "amazing sex" that he was notorious for (laugh); Two, the night that he was such an ass, my two male friends took me to a strip club and I had a ball. The women liked being tipped by other women more than the men, and I had a drink that I had never tried - "Sex with an Alligator." That was only the 2nd time in my life that I've ever been to a strip club - and I love new and newer experiences. Three, I knew he had a reputation for being a "bad boy" in the beginning. I just never really saw as much of the "bad boy" as I would have liked (laugh). It's much easier having an interaction end like this one when you knew how it could end ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment