Thursday, February 16, 2006

Insert witty title here...

The crazy computer woman decided to have a "friend" help her install her dsl router for her and "fix the other problems remaining with the computer." The only problems remaining with the brand new computer were all based on user error. I can't wait until she starts calling him three times a day criticizing the way he set up one of her programs or after she "fixes" the computer by restoring it and deleting all of the settings that he probably spent an hour inputting. I'll never get to find out what happens - that part is kind of sad.

I sent her an e-mail very nicely explaining the differences between memory on her computer. I explained to her what RAM is, what her speed is, what her memory with regard to saving programs, songs, picture files, etc is - I was super nice, and then let her know that when she had the dsl hooked up that she would be amazed at how fast everything would be. She sent an e-mail back 3 days later telling me that she had some other person install the dsl. I never have to go back to her house again; although, the tone of the e-mail made it seem like I had done something wrong which really, to put it eloquently, pissed me off. The only thing that went wrong with her computer is when she restored it and erased all of the settings that had already been changed so her e-mail and internet connection were set up correctly and functioning. When she restored it - she deleted the software and drivers that I installed for her printer; thus, her printer wasn't working any longer either until I went back and did everything again.

I made her bill tonight. I'm still not charging her what I should, but considering that I was just going to ask for a small painting but now I really don't want anything to remind me of her, at least I'm asking for some type of monetary compensation. I also composed a letter explaining how disappointed that I was that the interaction didn't go as well as it should. I added some sentiments in the letter that I probably shouldn't considering that she is my mom's friend, but, one, my mom got me into this, and two, I am really sick and tired of people getting away with doing spoiled and inconsiderate things to others and not being called on it. The old me would have just let her behavior go; the newer (older? ugh) me realizes that if I want to tell someone that means absolutely nothing to me in terms of a future relationship exactly how she acted and how it affected me, including me losing two nights of sleep, then I can just do that if I want to. Now, I just have to get the courage to put it in the mail Image

I had to move my pretty balloon to the other side of the room. I couldn't figure out why one of my cats that always stays in my room was hiding in the closet. She was afraid of the big balloon - maybe if I get bored later -I'll chase her around the room with it Image (*Of course,* I'm kidding) I remember having to read "The Scarlet Letter" in high school and then again in college, and in a part of the book, the Priest started going a little nutty and kept having really evil thoughts, things like teaching children bad words or cursing in front of the members of his clergy. I do this a lot; I'll have really evil thoughts about what I could do or say to someone in my mind. Although, I never act upon any of these - it always surprises me or makes me wonder where the thoughts came from. Most of them are funny - some worry me. I blame my brother - he has a sick mind and I grew up with him Image

My roommate got a new tattoo tonight. I only have one tattoo; I think he has about 6 by now. Most of them he had done and I had mine done at 7th Street Tattoo which I think does really good work. However, they were really unprofessional tonight. His tattoo was a fairly simple one - and outline of a demon and two women, just outlines, from the cover of a Black Label Society CD and then 4 letters inside the demon head. He has a really large dragon tattoo on his arm that one of their best artists, who is no longer w/them unfortunately, did on his arm and it was approximately $400. They were obviously busy and just quoted us a really high price so (1) they would either make an inordinate amount of money if they had to do the tattoo or (2) so we would just leave. They quoted him $450 which was pretty funny. We went to The Psychadelic Butterfly and he had it done for around $130 which was a much fairer price; he was willing to pay up to $200. I don't know why tattoo parlours have these types of attitudes. If customers have spent so much money in a place and recommend that place to others, you woud think that would be worth at least that business treating repeat customers fairly. I was very disappointed, because if I ever get a second tattoo - I wanted to get it there. I want a belly ring, but I'm having trouble talking myself into it Image I am the biggest pain chicken. I had to take 2 sedatives just to sit through my tattoo, but at least I got it - I've been needle phobic since I was about four years old. The tattoo he got is not bad; I thought a really long time on mine. It's something that is going to be on my body for the rest of my life, abscence painful removal - so I made sure that I chose something that I liked. I'm so tired that I have no idea if I'm even making sense anymore - giving up while I still think I'm ahead - you're on your own for a title (laugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment