Thursday, February 16, 2006

Piercing in chiq

I plucked my feathers and had my belly button pierced tonight. Go me. It's a turquoise barbell with a small glittery stone on one end. I'll take a picture when it's not swollen and I'm not exhausted. Two things swayed me. One, I have to have yet another gastro test next week - the EGD - where they put a scope down your throat and check your esophagus - they have to keep a check on mine b/c of acid reflux. They have already tried this test on me once and the dr said I kept interferring with the insertion of the scope. (I don't remember a thing - they dope you up with pain medicine and a sedative that produces temporary amnesia). I just can't wait to try it again Image I always feel more daring when I'm worried about something bigger.

Two, I was reading on the Internet trying to see if the piercing was going to hurt, and I read some posts by 13 through 16 year old girls that were worried or didn't think it was ok to get a belly button ring if they were fuller-figured. Ok, that totally annoyed me. If someone is staring at any of your body parts for more than what is necessary - that person is probably doing so for a reason. In my experience, if someone is getting naked with you and into it, that person is typically into you and how you look. If you want a tattoo or a piercing - just get it - good god. It makes me so mad that the problems with being fuller-figured have obviously still not evolved *at all* since I was in junior high and high school. Once I had a spiteful - put it in your face reason to get it done - it overrode the fear Image (I just love psyching myself up...grin) It actually didn't hurt at all. It just burned a little afterwards and is a little tender now.

No comments:

Post a Comment