Monday, March 27, 2006

"I tried hard to mend my wicked ways...the damage's done...there's nothing left to save"

I finally got to Memphis for more than a day - things just kept happening every day that I tried to go. I've indulged in retail therapy, and I feel much better :) I bought mostly "going out" clothes. I went down a size in clothing when I was healing from my tonsillectomy, and I had replaced my casual clothing but hadn't replaced my going out clothing. My mom promised to help me replace my work wardrobe when/if I ever get employed again, so I just focused on buying naughty and "up to something" clothing (laugh). One of the dresses that I bought is really cute. It's black and has four assymetrical layers of the skirt that have ruffles - one of the ruffles ends right before my butt so it makes it look like I actually have a bigger one than I do. Works for me - my top half is my more endowed half ;) Usually I don't notice when men are checking out my rack but my roommate and I stopped at Walgreens before going out to dinner with some friends and family, and I finally caught someone doing it. He was checking out our items and just not really paying attention to customers and looked up and just stared at my cleavage (did I mention that the dress is really low cut also? laugh). He actually stopped what he was saying for a minute and almost dropped 2 items (hehe). This hardly ever happens to me, because I have a few features that are likeable, but I'm not really someone one would just look at in public and be automatically attracted to (the stereotypical person). I'm more of a "once you get to know me and talk to me" then you're attracted type of girl. My roommate and I went to a party/club later, and a woman in the restroom told me that she had seen me come in and that she thought that I was beautiful. I swear to God I'm wearing this dress everywhere from now on (laugh). She caught me off guard, and I told her that I thought she was beautiful also (which she was) ;) It's fairly difficult to render me speechless (as you can tell), but it does happen occasionally (grin).

Dinner was much more entertaining than anticipated. The waiter was legitimately funny (not one of those people that just thinks that he/she is funny) and kept cracking jokes. He came to the table once and apologized for taking a few minutes but said that he had to change his shirt because a customer spilled sour cream all over it. I told him to be glad that it wasn't his pants. (I swear to god that for once that I did not mean this in a perverted way at all....laugh...really) Apparently, it was taken in the perverted way. Did I mention that I still can't keep myself from blushing when I say something awful or accidentally awful?

(Ok, so you know I'm leaving all *kinds* of details out about the party/club that I went to...I'm not sure how much of it that I want to admit yet...laugh...and, yes, I sincerely was perfectly behaved).

I had to fill out some forms (insurance, tax form) for the writing position that I am in the running for, and I really don't think that was fair. The insurance form wasn't like a typical employee policy for large employers where you really don't have to fill out a lot of personal information about the medication you take or any ailments that have been treated for in the past. I had to list any medications I'm taking and list everything that I've been to a physician for in the past 2 years. This bothers me. I would hate to think that a hiring decision would be made based on the insurance form. One, I've struggled with anxiety problems in the past specifically during situations where my IBS had acted up and no one could tell me how to make it any better. I had to list this on the form. Two, the insurance company was one of the companies that had denied me insurance in the past because of pre-existing conditions - namely, IBS and borderline blood pressure. So, obviously, the owner of this agency is probably going to have to pay more for my insurance than the other candidate for the position. I'll never know if this factored into the decision (which it shouldn't be a factor).

If I'm interacting with someone and building some sort of friendship (even a casual one), I will talk to that person about anything and encourage that person to do the same. There is no way that the interaction is going to develop into anything or encourage trustworthiness if you can't feel like you can really talk to that person. I actually had someone be rude to me, because that person didn't want me to talk about certain subjects in his prescence. That has never happened to me before. I've never had anyone just stop me mid-conversation and flat out tell me that he didn't care about what I was saying at that point in time. Some people just confuse the hell out of me. I wish I was psychic.

My belly button piercing had almost healed enough to allow me to change the jewelry and then it got red and swollen again and showed some signs of infection. I have to take evil antibiotics for 7 days now.

There is a bird outside of my bedroom windows that makes noises constantly *all* night. I think the bird has accidentally gotten onto my schedule. I usually don't notice any type of noise; my house is always noisy. It's driving me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment