Monday, March 13, 2006

"Silence is golden...nobody gets in...safe in my own skin...so nobody wins..."


That's my first and only tattoo pictured above. It's on the small of my back, and my mom designed it. I didn't want something exactly like what everyone else had - I wanted some type of personality to it. My mom is a professional artist and awesome by the way. She is one of the lucky ones that has found her natural talent and then developed it throughout her life. I keep wondering what my natural talent is - if I even have one. I always worry that it was something that I never tried like surfing (laugh). I don't have the best coordination sometimes though, so I doubt it ;) I'm not sure if I'm uncoordinated as much as I try to do annoying things as quickly as I can to get them over with, so I drop things or bump things off of a table, etc. I know - charming Image (I designed my mom's website but still having trouble getting the cart to work and I haven't updated it in awhile because I haven't felt like yelling bad words at my computer - but the site is here: www.amyhillimler.com.)

Anyway, I was only going to get one tattoo, but I was warned that they were addictive. My brother wants to get a tattoo but is trying to talk himself into it, so I told him that I would go with him tomorrow and get one at the same time if he loses his feathers. Although, I'm torn. I'm either going to get a dragon with a woman riding the dragon, which I know I would like, but I actually like the oriental style dragons better than the dragons with the wings and the tails. I wouldn't like a woman riding an oriental dragon because it wouldn't have wings so it wouldn't seem like something plausible (although...a woman riding a dragon...I know...I'm on crack) (laugh) My second alternative is an oriental dragon that I really like that is kind of evil-looking, but I would have it done in shades of pink. (Hey, I am a girl... Image) I like to take "stereotypically" masculine images and then put a girl twist on them. I'm going to have either alternative tattooed on my upper right thigh.

I'm actually a needle-chicken too ;) So, I'm sure that I'll have trouble sleeping tonight (grin).

No comments:

Post a Comment